When it comes to men's health, 90% of people think about the sexual health. A number of men take care of their meals, of keeping their body fit, less stressed and poisoned by nicotine and alcohol. However, problems in sexual health experience every second man mainly they're connected to erectile dysfunction, or impotence.
Erectile dysfunction is called inability to achieve and maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction may occur due to disorders of the nervous regulation and circulatory disorders of the penis.
Innervation disorders can be caused by:
- Anatomical and physiological
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction are:
- Tiredness, nervous or psychological overstress
- Anxiety, restlessness
- Anger and irritability
- Monotonicity in long-term relationship
- Unattractive partner
Anatomical and physiological reasons of erectile dysfunction are:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fracture of the pelvis and spine
- Severe diseases
- Prolonged or excessive intake of alcohol, alcoholism
- Side effects of certain drugs
- Vascular diseases such as atherosclerosis, diabetes, hypertension
- Chronic prostatitis
- Elderly age
You should visit a doctor if:
- a violation of an erection has become a rule rather than an exception;
- you can not achieve an erection by any method that worked well in the past;
- you could never achieve an erection.
The main treatments for erectile dysfunction include:
- Hormonal methods
- Medicines (pills like Sildenafil, Tadalafil, Vardenafil, intra-penile injections)
- Vacuum devices pumps
- Surgical methods
Implants. Surgical implantation of the prosthesis.